Excel/Query related to Pivot table

Hi Gulshan,

I have a query related to Pivot table. Kindly find the input in the attachment. I want to sum up A, B and C based on the SL no (1,2, 3 and 4) as shown in the output. Plz help me out.

Waiting for your response.

Abhimanyu Garg

Hi Abhimanyu,

I'm not sure how you would get a pivot table output. However, you can get the similar result by using countif function in excel.

Eg, in table 2, for number 1 and A combination, you can use this formula =countif("your range containing a,b,c under 1", a) and so on.

Please feel free to check with me if you need help implementing this formula.

Hope this helps.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

I can answer questions related to the following topics: 1. MS Excel - Creating and Linking Formulae, Running Pivot Tables, Vlookup etc. 2. Macros / VBA - Creating Macros to do specific jobs. Importing / Exporting / Validating Data in excel through Macros.

I've been working on excel for over 10 years and on VBA macros for over 3 years now.

Bachelor of Commerce, Chartered Accountant from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India