I have to take individual waterfalls because they are separated by customers.  Each month of course I get the new numbers in my waterfall.  I have to take the current numbers and manually place them in 2 other spreadsheets.  The one spreadsheet I need to separate by month and the 2nd one by quarters.  is there a way that I can take my waterfall(which of course does not have headings and does not come in any organized fashion) and pull out my numbers monthly to populate 2 other spreadsheets.  The other catch is my waterfall has the number that I need by month and a percentage number which I do not need at all.  
I will try to put an example below:
   Jan       Feb          Mar

Mar 2000 5%   4000  10%  20000   60%
Apr 1000 3%   3500  7%   10000    40%

each month I would need the new numbers.  In this example if I were doing March numbers I would need 20,000  and 4,000 and  2,000
and then when I do my April numbers I would need 10,000   3500 and 1000.  
I will need to do probably 3 years at a time until my numbers get to Zero.  

I hope I explained this so that you understand my question and that there is a simple solution.

If by waterfalls you mean waterfall charts, there is no such builtin format, so you already need to do some manipulation to make a waterfall chart and I don't know the way you have your data laid out. I think I can help a lot better if you can send a sample including source data (you can change the numbers if need be). Please send a sample file to me at bobumlas@hotmail.com and repeat the question. Use subject of "AllExpertsQ"

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Bob Umlas

I`m a Microsoft Excel MVP (Most Valuable Professional) and have been since the inception of the program in 1995. I can answer every kind of Excel question except: API, Importing/exporting to other programs (powerpoint, word,...) Also check out my in-person training link at http://www.thumbtack.com/ny/new-york/excel-training/

Worked with MS Excel since version 0.99 (on the Mac!). Was contributing editor to Excellence Magazine, having written >300 articles. John Walkenbach said of me "I finally met someone who knows as much about Excel as I do."

Excellence, The Expert, Microsoft

BA in math, Hofstra University, 1965

Led sessions for the Convergence 2004-2006 seminar on Excel tips & tricks