Excel/Check the data from two sheet and result on third sheet

Question
Hi Damon,

Need your help, I am stuck to one problem in Excel.

Problem:

I have excel file, consists of 4 sheets Data, PF, Gratuity, Discrepancy. Here I have Emp no. field as key field, now here first I have to check Data Sheet data with PF.

For example,

Suppose, we are considering Emp no.: 4 from data sheet. It will check in PF sheet for same Emp no. if it find then it will check the relationship and first name and last name from data sheet. If it is ok then it will return output in discrepancy sheet with OK. Discrepancy sheet format:

Emp No. Spouse    Child1       Child2      Father
(All the relationship present in Data Sheet in Column)

4         OK
9         OK        OK          OK         NA    

And so on.

Please help,
Thanks,
Shivendra

Answer
Hi Shivendra,

I am a bit confused.  You mention checking in the PF sheet for the Emp. no, and if it finds it then check relationship and first name, last name.  So I assume these data are all located in the found Emp. no. row of the PF sheet, but you do not mention where.  I assume in the Data sheet it is Emp. No., First Name, Last Name, Spouse, Child1, Child2, Father.  Is this right? And is it the same in the PF sheet?

Please clarify this.  If you like you can email me a copy of your workbook so I can see the exact formats and return it to you with solution macro or formulas included.  My email is VBAexpert@myway.com.

Damon

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Damon Ostrander