Excel/locking cells

I have a workbook file shared by multiple users.  I want to worksheet protect each sheet within this workbook so that each user can access only their worksheets.  I want the user to have a password to unlock their sheet within this workbook.  

Additionally, once the user has unlocked their worksheet with their assigned password, I want to lock formula and sum cells so that they can't corrupt these cells.  Is there a way to do this?

Thank you for your help.  Nancy

Yes you can do what you want to do.  It takes a series of steps, such as locking the cells, giving specif access to certain cells, etc.

I don't normally do this but the help section of excel explains pretty well the steps you need to take and the procedures, so I will refer you to the help.  Search the help for lock cells, or protecting worksheets and you will get the explanation of how to do it.

Hope this helps
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Richard Roberts

Can assist you in most areas of Excel, have been working with it for about 15 years in many types of applications, but primarily in financial and accounting applications. I am a CPA and many client or client problems have necessitated the use of excel. I am not an expert in charting, macros, or pivot tables.

Have been working with Excel for about 20 years primarily in accounting and financial areas.

BA, Certified Public Accountant