Excel/Outcome in TRUE or FALSE format

Question
Hello Tom,

Hope you are fine.

I am having query as below.

I am working in airline industry where, we need to code flight operating on day.

the information we got in form of two letter day code (e.g MO for MON, TU for TUE, WE for WED...etc)

if flight is operating on Thesday and Friday they are providing only as TU , FR
to code above i want the outcome in below format in excel.

MON   TUE   WED   THU   FRI   SAT   SUN   
false   true   false   false   true   false   false

Then i can just copy paste the above true /false in that system.

but client is providing only operating day code and i want the result in above form
to get a clear picture i am again giving another example.
if operating day is Monday, Wednesday , Friday and Sunday then they will only provide MO,WE,FR,SU (so by default flight is not operating on tue,thu and sat)

but i want the format as below

MON   TUE   WED   THU   FRI   SAT   SUN   
true   false   true   false   true   false   true

Is there any formula or shortcut to do this?

Thanks
Rakesh

Answer
Rakesh,

say that value is  (TU,FR) is in cell A1

then say

MON  is in G30
in G31 put in

=IF(COUNTIF($A$1,"*"&LEFT(G30,2)&"*")>0,TRUE,FALSE)

When I dragged  G31 across I got:

MON    TUE    WED    THUR    FRI    SAT    SUN
FALSE    TRUE    FALSE    FALSE    TRUE    FALSE    FALSE

So I think this or something similar will work for you.

--
Tom Ogilvy  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy