Excel/Conditional formatting for a row

Question
I'd like to have a conditional formatting rule such that if the contents in cell H are not blank, then all of the row has red font for formatting.  Please note I have headers and total columns that I don't want this to apply to, so I really want it for rows 3 through 69.  For example, if H9 contains "8/28/14" (so not "") then all of row 9 is red.

Is this doable?  I can't figure it out, I can make H9 red in the above example but can't figure out how to make the whole row red.

Thanks

Answer
Bill

Select rows 3 through 69 with cell A3 as the active cell

Select conditional formatting on the Home tab, then select New Rule

select "Use a formula to determine which cells to format"

in the formula text box put in   =$H3<>""

Click the format button and set the format for red font

Click OK until you are out of conditional formatting.

That worked for me.

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy