Excel/Counting Cells with dates

Question

I have a spreadsheet where we enter dates of completed workshops. I have to calculate the number of workshops and amount we paid for the workshop in a month. I am trying to figure out if there is a formula for this.

So, for example BK to BY is full of dates and I want to pull only July and if they did 4 multiply that by $25 (amount paid out).

Thanks,

Tony

Answer
Hi Tony,

Sorry for the delayed response.
You can run a pivot table report on this data and set the rows by month and get the cound by month.

Alternatively, you can also use the subtotal formula on the range and then set the subtotals to show count instead of totals.

Hope this helps,
Gulshan.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

GULSHAN PURSWANI