Excel/Excel

Question
I am having a problem at work with an employee that I believe is making changes to a shared worksheet. It is my belief that she disabled tracking, changed the worksheet, and saved because for the period of time in question there is no tracking available. when I checked her computer the track option was disabled. Is there a way I can see her complete history of ALL changes (setting changes, etc...)?

Answer
Jackie:

If track changes is disabled then Excel retains no accessible history.  The key is to prevent someone from being able to disable the track changes option.

I suggest the following - "Protect and Share workbook" instead of just "Share workbook".  See additional instructions below...

http://www.bettersolutions.com/excel/EAV153/SO334123002.htm
http://www.officetooltips.com/excel/tips/share_workbook_and_track_changes.html

It is a method to password protect the workbook and prevent someone from disabling tracking or deleting the history.

Please let me know if you have any further questions (I am uncertain, but I'm pretty sure this feature is available in 2007+).
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Nathan