Excel/OpenOffice

Question
How can I hide and protect the sheet at the same time? I cannot use protect document as the user doesnt need to know the password to access the document. They can open the document and key in the data into the workbook. What I want to protect here is just the CalcSheet which the password is known only by admin. Only admin can show the hidden sheet in case they want to view the formula used for the calculation.

Answer
This is quite simple Nora.
First you should protect the sheet and then go ahead and hide it.
This way, even if someone unhides a sheet, it will still be protected and the user may not be able to view the formula.

This is how it works in MSExcel. I don't have openoffice installed on my current laptop, but if my memory serves right, this should work for openoffice as well.

Hope this helps,
Gulshan.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

GULSHAN PURSWANI