Excel/Pivot table auto populate

Question
Hello and thank you for your time,

I have an excel sheet to which data is added weekly. A pivot table is used afterwards to keep track of data over time. Every week I need to create a new pivot table to encompass the new data.

Would there be a way in which new data in a sheet automatically shows up on the sheet related pivot tables or graphs? So that there is no need to create new pivot tables every week.

Thank you again,
Ricardo

Answer
Ricardo:

Yes, there is.  When setting up your pivot table, set the data range for the table to be much larger than your original data.  For example, if your data is in cells A1:B132... set the range of the Pivot Table to A1:B1000.

Then, whenever you add new data, all you have to do is right-click on the Pivot Table and select refresh.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Nathan