Excel/Sum of rows

Question
Dear Bob Umlas,

I want to calculate the sum of each subsequent 2 rows. What formula can I use?
For ex:
 Year   Sex  Pop size
A1  2001   M    100
A2  2001   F    110
A3  2002   M    120
A4  2002   F    125

Then I want automatically calculate population of both sexes in each year. I calculated sum (A1:A2) and want to automatically calculate sum (A3:A4)etc.
Thank you for your help in advance.

Answer
Assuming the "100" in your figure is in cell C2:
if you have =SUM(C2:C3) in cell D3, for example, select D2:D3 (D2 being blank), click on the fill handle at the bottom of D3, and fill down as far as you need. You'll see the formula you want in D3, D5, D7, ...
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Bob Umlas