Excel/Today() in a sumifs formula

I am working on an aging report.  Column of invoice date,up to three years old (say in column A).  Column of invoice totals, next to their invoice number (say in column B).  I thought I could use something along the lines of =sumifs(b4:b1000,a4:a1000,"<=TODAY()",a4:a1000,"<TODAY()-30")
MONTH() might also work, perhaps better.  I was wanting 30 - 60 - 90 days etc. totals in each column.  I could do sumifs and use actual dates but would have to change the days in each formula every month.  Was just trying to make it more automatic.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Not being an accountant, I don't have any particular knowledge of an aging report.

However, given the formula you show,

You would need to do

hope that provides the information you need.

Tom Ogilvy  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.