Excel/VBA excel limit access to .xlam based on criteria

I have a .xlam and have created macros based on clients...I would like it know if it is possible to limit the access to certain clients based on staff that work on those clients...For example if I work on client XYZ...I only want to be able to access client XYZ and not all clients listed in the .xlam... Is this something that is possible. Is there documentation that will point me in the right direction on how to accomplish this.

Thank You for your assistance it is greatly appreciated.

This depends on a lot of things. I don't know of specific documentation online for this, but here's things to consider:
on startup (workbook_open event) I assume you're prompted for the client name (if not, this would be a good idea)
set the "client list" you mentioned that's in the xlam to this one client, so there's only one item in the "list" and ensure your tests access only this client's info - not sure what that'd entail since I don't know your app.
Your Subject line says "limit access to .xlam..." and I'm not sure what you mean by that - the VBA is the place to limit the USER's access to a particular client, not to the xlam!
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Bob Umlas

I`m a Microsoft Excel MVP (Most Valuable Professional) and have been since the inception of the program in 1995. I can answer every kind of Excel question except: API, Importing/exporting to other programs (powerpoint, word,...) Also check out my in-person training link at

Worked with MS Excel since version 0.99 (on the Mac!). Was contributing editor to Excellence Magazine, having written >300 articles. John Walkenbach said of me "I finally met someone who knows as much about Excel as I do."

Excellence, The Expert, Microsoft

BA in math, Hofstra University, 1965

Led sessions for the Convergence 2004-2006 seminar on Excel tips & tricks