Excel/conditional color to another cell

Question
WorkSheet "A" cell "B2" has yellow as its base color. The result of a formula is 97%.  A conditional formatting changes the color to red.

On worksheet "B" cell "B2" the a different formula gives a result of .5 (the difference of two cells rather than the quotient as derived on sheet "A") and there are no colors at all (base or conditional).

I want a macro that will get the red color from sheet "A" and change sheet "B" cell "B2" to red.  If I use the format painter I get the underlying yellow and not the conditional red.

There are numerous cells to do this to so i dont want to do a whole bunch of contional formatting on sheet B.

Can it be done with VBA?

thanks again,

Pete

Answer
Pete emrich,

VBA can not see a color produced by conditional formatting.  The workaround is to use the condition used by conditional formatting (I assume you know what the condition is) and determine from the value in the cell and the conditional formula what color the cell would be.  Then  you can use that result to color other cells.  

Sorry, but VBA/range objects do not have an attribute that is updated by conditional formatting that you could query.  Colorindex and color both will give the setting specified for the cell - not what the conditional formatting has produced.  

--
Tom Ogilvy
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy