Excel/looking up information

Question
I would like to write a formula to check the item and the week, (which are in 2 different axis'), then look in a table to find the corresponding data.  In my example I would like to search the raw data and return only the values into the item "a" for week "3".

Thank you
Chris

weeks          
        1   2   3   4   5
  item   a          
  item   b          

raw data         weeks          
        3   4   5   6   7
  item   a   tttt   wwww      rrr   ooo
  item   b   gggg   hhhh      yyy   qqq

Answer
1 - I don't understand your question;
2 - the layout doesn't match your description, For example, you have weeks 1 2 3 4 5 and item a and item b - what does that mean?

Perhaps I could help if you sent a sample wb to me at bobumlas@hotmail.com. If you can, use "AllExpertsQ" as the subject line, and explain in the workbook what you're looking for.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Bob Umlas