Excel/vba to find and insert.

Hi Tom,

Please provide me a VBA to find all the cells containing word "Rock breaker" in excel sheet then insert L001 to its left cell. Suppose if the word Rock breaker contain in cell B5, B20 and C50 then insert L001 in A5, A20 and B49.

first, in your example you say B49, but I assume you mean B50.  

this worked for me:  

Sub FindRockBreaker()
Dim Rng As Range, sAddr As String
Set Rng = ActiveSheet.Cells.Find(What:="rock breaker", _
After:=ActiveCell, _
LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
If Not Rng Is Nothing Then
sAddr = Rng.Address
 If Rng.Column > 1 Then
    Rng.Offset(0, -1).Value = "L001"
 End If
 Set Rng = ActiveSheet.Cells.FindNext(Rng)
 If Rng.Address = sAddr Then Exit Do
Loop While Not Rng Is Nothing
End If
End Sub

It is not case sensitive as written, but that could be altered.

Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.