Excel/Adding information in Excel

Question
Hi Tom - I am working in Excel 2010.  I created a bar chart and want to add "Millions of Dollars" to tell the viewer what unit of measure they are looking at.  However, I was unable to do so.

Could you tell me how to add the text "Millions of Dollars"?

Answer
Roberta,

when you click in your chart, at the vary top of excel, above the menu you should see a colored area in the center labeled Chart tools.  Click on that.  There are three sub menus.  
Design
Layout
format

click on layout.

In the labels section of the resulting ribbon choices, is a Axis Titles box.  Click on the down arrow in that and you can choose vertical or horizontal axis.  You will get an option for various positioning for the vertical if you choose that or below axis for horizontal.  Select what you want and edit the title that it puts in the graph to display Millions of Dollars.

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy