Excel/Altering VBA

Question
Hi Tom

The following is a section of a piece of code that protects a worksheet.  When it is activated all of the cells on the worksheet are locked even the ones that are formatted to be unlocked.  

So I have a sheet; I have selected an area of it;  I go to home/format/format cell; I select the protection tab and uncheck the locked box.  When this code is run the selected area is locked.

Could you help me with the syntax to avoid this please?

With ActiveSheet
         .Protect Password:=strPassword
         .EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells
         If ActiveSheet.PivotTables.Count > 0 Then _
         .Protect AllowUsingPivotTables:=True
       End With

Thanks in advance

Chris

Answer
Christopher Mitchell,

I would guess that anything after the protect command is ignored.  I would change the order to

With ActiveSheet
        .EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells
        .Protect AllowUsingPivotTables:=True
        .Protect Password:=strPassword
End With

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy