Excel/excel formula

QUESTION: I would like to insert an image on sheet 1( named "door") in cell B:1, when "Door" is typed into cell A:1
Any thoughts would be appreciated

The image is on sheet 2 in a range named "fittings"

ANSWER: Hi Dennis,

Before I offer a solution, I would like to understand what is the end objective you want to achieve. One approach possible is to assign object names to each and every image in second sheet and then call those images using a macro.
The simplicity of complexity of this will depend on how many images you have in the second sheet. Larger the number of images, more cumbersome it is to identify names of each and every one.

Can you please explain the purpose and end result you are targeting?

QUESTION: I have a form that I would like to use to clarify client selection of product, in that I enter the "name" of the door selected and this will insert a picture of this door, if they select french doors,I need a second image to be inserted.

Hi Dennis,

Do you have a sample copy of this file. Or a template of how you want it to look.

I need to have a file to work with.

In short, what I understand is that you should have a set of images in the second sheet, depending on the selection, excel should show the image on the first sheet.

Please send me the file on gulthemacroguy@gmail.com and include AllExperts in the subject line

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

I can answer questions related to the following topics: 1. MS Excel - Creating and Linking Formulae, Running Pivot Tables, Vlookup etc. 2. Macros / VBA - Creating Macros to do specific jobs. Importing / Exporting / Validating Data in excel through Macros.

I've been working on excel for over 10 years and on VBA macros for over 3 years now.

Bachelor of Commerce, Chartered Accountant from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India