Excel/Excel-Linking data from multiple spreadsheets

Question
Test
Test  
Hi Mary, I have 52 spreadsheets that I want to link to a summary spreadsheet. My dilema is I need to use an "IF" statement because we only want to capture on the summary tab IF the cells is populated in column H then return column B in the summary tab column A. I know how to write the formula but not as a summary of all 52 spreadsheets. Is this even possible?

Answer
Hi Jenny,

Thank you for the question.

Based on my understanding of the problem you are experiencing, you do not need to use the IF statement alone, instead you can use dynamic linking with the IF statements.

=Sheet1!'January...........

Please let me know if this helps you.

Mary
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Mary A. Lindsey