Excel/Excel Macros

Question
I have a colleague who has issue with Excel Macro. When he opens it on his pc Office 2007 in Excel with Access 2007 it is perfect.
On my friends, it does not. He same Office version.
I open in 2013 versions and no luck either.
In 2007 on the working version, the "ENABLE SECURTIY" comes up on the ribbon when open the excel. Click this and Macro works. I have gone into Active X and Macro security settings on all 3 computers. All have same security and active x settings.
Also, trusted locations are same. I cannot work out. Could it be a question of an ADDON or can macro extensions be installed differnet on different computers. All computers Win7x64 Pro with Office 2007 x 32 except mine which is w7x64 pro with office 2013 x 32.
Many thanks in advance

Answer
Hi Niall.

As far as I know, excel has a very good backward compatibity. If the macro is working on one office 2007, it should work on all office 2007 and above versions.
The possible differences could include the following:
1. Security / trust center setting are different in each machine. Based on the information you provided, I'm assuming you've already checked this.
2. The macro is using some paths / directories which are available only on that specific machine. L
3. There may be corporate policies on your computers which block macros. If you are using your work computers.
4. A rare chance that your office installation is corrupt. But this is really rare.

If you can share the exact error message / screenshots, I'll be able to help better.

Thanks a lot,
Gulshan.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

GULSHAN PURSWANI