Excel/excel query

Question
Dear Mr. Shahid

My query is very simple & I hope you will give me a solution for it.

If a value in cell J32 is less than value in cell U32, than value of cell U32 should turn GREEN, & if the values for same cells are reversed than value of cell U32 should turn RED.

If I drag down cell U32 it should give me the same result as for cell U32.

Regards.

Pushap Jain

Answer
Please Google for Conditional Formatting in Excel. It is very hard to explain in text here. Basically, you can select a range of cells and add Conditional Formatting. There you have to mention a formula. You only need to mention the formula for the first row. In your example it will be:
"$J32 < $U32"

Then you set thhe desired colour (Green). The above formula will evaluate to True or False and your set formats will show up. This will work when you drag the values / formulas downward.

Shahid
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Shahid