Excel/excel query

Dear Mr. Shahid

My query is very simple & I hope you will give me a solution for it.

If a value in cell J32 is less than value in cell U32, than value of cell U32 should turn GREEN, & if the values for same cells are reversed than value of cell U32 should turn RED.

If I drag down cell U32 it should give me the same result as for cell U32.

Pushap Jain

Please Google for Conditional Formatting in Excel. It is very hard to explain in text here. Basically, you can select a range of cells and add Conditional Formatting. There you have to mention a formula. You only need to mention the formula for the first row. In your example it will be:
"$J32 < $U32"

Then you set thhe desired colour (Green). The above formula will evaluate to True or False and your set formats will show up. This will work when you drag the values / formulas downward.

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

I can answer questions regarding using Excel in general, analytics, macros, VBA, formulae, etc. I try to understand your business requirement, and suggest an effective and efficient method to solve your problem. Hire me to work on your project at vWorker.com

I have extensively used MS Excel since version 2000 up to 2007 in various business scenarios such as evaluating feasibility of a project or investment, compiling small level database and running metrics on them, formula to manipulate and extract information from unorganized data, forms to use Excel data in external applications, etc. I am a Business Analyst by profession and Excel is a key requirement.

Coal and Oil, LLC

MS(IT)+MBA Dual Degree, Bentley University, USA