Excel/Help Extending The Range Of An "IF" Formula

=IF($C$4=1,$C$4*$C$3,"")  This formula is for cells B1:C5.  There are title names in the B cells.

B1=Par     B2=Score     B3=Putts     B4=GIR     B5=Fairways

C:K have the same info.

The new formula must encompass from C1:K800.  All of the input data go into C:K.

Thanks for your effort.

You say the sample formula is in B1:C5 (which I believe you mean C1:C5, since B1:B5 contains the text you mention). So, according to you, C1 contains =IF($C$4=1,$C$4*$C$3,""), C2 contains =IF($C$4=1,$C$4*$C$3,""), C3 contains =IF($C$4=1,$C$4*$C$3,""), etc.
I have no idea what you want in D1, or J650...I could use more sample formulas you want to see in C1:K800!
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Bob Umlas

I`m a Microsoft Excel MVP (Most Valuable Professional) and have been since the inception of the program in 1995. I can answer every kind of Excel question except: API, Importing/exporting to other programs (powerpoint, word,...) Also check out my in-person training link at

Worked with MS Excel since version 0.99 (on the Mac!). Was contributing editor to Excellence Magazine, having written >300 articles. John Walkenbach said of me "I finally met someone who knows as much about Excel as I do."

Excellence, The Expert, Microsoft

BA in math, Hofstra University, 1965

Led sessions for the Convergence 2004-2006 seminar on Excel tips & tricks