Excel/help with lookup

Question
excel
excel  
QUESTION: Mr Tom Ogilvy
i have attached an image that has the info

thank you in advance

ANSWER: siraj,

If you are looking for the value in column C first occurrence of "total line for eur" in column A then:

=Index(C:C,Match("total line for eur",C:C,0),1)

--
Tom Ogilvy

QUESTION: thank you Tom for the reply

I think you understood my question but the formula you mentioned didnt work with my sheet ,, what i want to do is to make the formula find the "total line for eur" that comes after the headline 50 deposits in a 200 pages general ledger report on excel, so the line or the row that has the "total line for eur" is repeated for each headline and i want the one that comes after 50 deposits specifically also the proplem is the rows go up and down depending on new accounts opened and new rows ...
I hope i made it clear for you and excuse my weak english

Answer
siraj,

try this formula:

=INDEX($C:$C,MATCH("50 deposits",$A:$A,0)+MATCH("total line for eur",OFFSET($A$1,MATCH("50 deposits",$A:$A,0),0,75,1),0),1)

I look up to 75 rows past the "50 deposits" line.  If you it could be more than that, change the 75 in the formula to the number of rows to look at.

Tested and worked for me.

--
Tom Ogilvy  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy