Excel/Template Forum,

Customer Contact List
Customer Contact List  
I was asked earlier today to make a spreadsheet containing all of my boss's contact info, organizing it by what was personal and what was business related. I found the perfect template from excel 13 called "customer contact list" that had everything I wanted and more. I noticed that there were two spreadsheets attached to the template. One was the original and one was the sample. It's my understanding that you have to enter your information in the sample before putting it into the original and I would just like to know the step-by-step process of how that works. If you could please email me back soon, that would be wonderful. Thank you!

Export Outlook Contacts to Excel
Export Outlook Contact  
Good morning Katherine,

Thank you for the question.  

Based on what I can surmise from the Customer Contact List image you supplied, this document uses filtering.  As I do not have access to the Excel 2013 template file you refer to, I will be unable to provide accurate instructions on how to accomplish what the file shows and how the creator designed the document.  I am happy to take a look at the file if you would like to send to me at maryalindsey@gmail.com.

You have the option to export the data from Outlook (if that is where your boss' contact info is stored) to Excel by following the instructions below.  

I hope this was helpful.

Mary Lindsey

Export Contacts to Excel

Although the Import and Export wizard allows you to export to an Excel spreadsheet, the Wizard doesn’t allow you to export all the fields and filtering the mapped fields is a cumbersome process as well.

The export to Excel option has been removed from Outlook 2013 mainly because it was still using the old xls-format instead of the new xlsx-format. You can still achieve the same by exporting to the csv-format but that can be even more cumbersome.

Fortunately there is another, more graphical (WYSIWYG), way to do this as well via the copy/paste method.
1. Change your view to a table view like the “Phone List” view;
  Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013 >>> Home tab-> group: Current View-> Phone
2. Insert and arrange the columns you want to export to Excel
  Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013 >>> Tab View-> group: Arrangement-> button Add Columns

You can choose between even more fields by selecting “All Contact fields” from the “Select available columns from” dropdown list.
3. Press OK until all the open screens are closed.
4. Press CTRL+A to select al your contacts.
5. Press CTRL+C to copy your selected Contacts.
6. Open up Excel and select cell A1.
7. Press CTRL+V to paste all contact information or use the Paste button on the Ribbon or on the Toolbar.
8. Save your Excel sheet

When the Export is complete, use the Sort & Filter command to filter the data by Business/Personal.

The headings should look something like this:  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Mary A. Lindsey

I can answer Microsoft Excel 2000-2007 questions regarding formatting, styles, shortcut keys, templates, forms, etc, but will not answer any macro questions.

I have over 15 years experience working in corporate America as legal and financial document support specialist. I have designed a template that converts html and Excel files to inserts these numerical data into Word documents so that there will be no document corruption because of file size and graphics that comes as part of HTML and Excel.

I am a Microsoft Office Master Instructor (MOS), Certiport Administrator and Proctor (97-2003)