Excel/Wage Formula

Question
I have Windows 7 & Excel 2007.  I would rate my experience with excel at about a 7
I need a formula that will allow me to calculate a prevailing wage rate based on the following:
Base rate 16.00 + fringe rate 1.50 - fringe paid 1.55. If calculated rate drops below 16.00, then the formula defaults to 16.00 (instead of 15.95).
Thank you for your help!!

Answer
Hi Suzanne,

Okay, for example let's assume the base rate is in cell B1, the fringe rate is in B2, and the fringe paid is in cell B3.  Then the formula to calculate the prevailing wage, but limited to not less than 16.0 would be

=IF(B1+B2-B3<16,16,B1+B2-B3)

Feel free to follow up if I have misinterpreted your question.

Damon
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Damon Ostrander