Excel/vlookup of ShowPicD function

Question
Hello,
I have a label form where a user can enter a part number and, using VLOOKUP, the part description and other items are displayed. I also have images saved in a folder on my computer of the parts stored and named by part number.
I've successfully got the ShowPicD function(by Damon Ostrander) working for just importing an image to a cell with a direct reference.
What is the vlookup command to import an image into a cell using the ShowPicD function?

Thanks in advance,
Vernon

Answer
Hi Vernon,

I'm not sure I understand the question fully, however, with the available information, I can suggest the below approach:
Instead of trying to find a vlookup command to import an image, you can use the direct reference. Store the direct reference for each image. Then use the vlookup command to retrieve the direct reference and then use ShowPicD with direct reference (the second part is already working for you if I'm right). This way you can reuse the individual solutions you already have to arrive at the end result.

Hope this helps,
Gulshan.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

GULSHAN PURSWANI