Excel/Macros to transfer data from one sheet to another

Hi Tom, i have a data input sheet which i use to capture data on for every new batch of product we make.what  i want is a macro that will transfer the calculated data to a new sheet and save it there. It should transfer new data without overwriting old data and then clear the input sheet

lets say that you have headings in sheet1 in row 1 and your data is in the rows below, one item per row.  Further assume that you enter data in each row and there are some formulas in that row that perform calculations on the data.  

Assume you have an identical arrangement in Sheet2 in terms of headers and data layout.

When I clear data that I copied from sheet1, I only clear constant values - not formulas.

So the below should get you started.  

Sub ABC()
Dim r1 As Range, r2 As Range
Dim sh1 As Worksheet, sh2 As Worksheet
Set sh1 = Worksheets("Sheet1")
Set sh2 = Worksheets("Sheet2")
Set r1 = sh1.Range("A1").CurrentRegion
Set r1 = r1.Offset(1, 0).Resize(r1.Rows.Count - 1, r1.Columns.Count)
Set r2 = sh2.Cells(sh2.Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
r2.PasteSpecial xlValues
r2.PasteSpecial xlFormats
End Sub

You should be able to adapt that approach to your actual needs.

Tom Ogilvy  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.