Excel/Calender day excel formula

Question
Sir,

I am currently working a spread sheet tracking equipment 180 day inspections cycles.  I have the completion dates but need a formula to calculate the calendar day a 180 days in the future.  Also if not to much trouble I would like to color code the cell: <30 yellow, <15 Red.  If you could assist me I would be very appreciative and would learn a ton.

Thank You

Matt

Answer
Matt

The formula to calculate the date 180 days in the future would look like this.
Assuming the completion date is in cell A1 the formula would be +A1+180.  The formula cell should be formatted as date format.  If the value in cell A1 is 1/1/16 then the formula will yield 6/29/16.

I'm not sure what you are wanting to do relative to the conditional formatting, so I am ot answering that.

Richard
Florida
USA  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Richard Roberts