ok the purchase memo works only if its visible, since all the sheets are hidden, would that be the difference, albeit the one name 500 was visible. it doesn't seem to want to go past the first one.  I tried using the sheet number but the msg box says it doesn't exist then goes to error

This code will unhide the sheet if it is hidden, then print it and then hide it.
for sheets that are not hidden, it will just print them.

Sub test()
Dim rng As Range
Dim wks As Worksheet
Dim bHidden As Boolean

For Each rng In Sheets("forms (2)").Range("N3:N20")
If Trim(rng.Value) <> "" Then
On Error Resume Next
Set wks = Nothing
Set wks = Sheets(rng.Text)
On Error GoTo 0
If wks Is Nothing Then
' MsgBox "Sheet " & rng.Value & " does not exist"
bHidden = False
If wks.Visible <> xlSheetVisible Then
   bHidden = True
   wks.Visible = xlSheetVisible
End If
If bHidden Then
 wks.Visible = xlSheetHidden
End If
End If
End If
Next rng
End Sub

Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.