Excel/pasting formulas

Question
Hi Aidan.
I file A, in array A1:E10, all the cells are filled with formulas.
I wish to copy all the formulas "as is" to file B.
How do I do it?
Thanks
Moshe

Answer
if the formulas refer only to the active sheet, then a simple copy and paste of the entire range to the new workbook will do exactly what you want.  Otherwise, there are two options (probably more, but two relatively easy ones) - I will assume the sheet names remain the same, otherwise you will have problems

(1)  select the entire formula for one of the cells in the formula bar itself and copy (either by right click or ctrl C) and then paste into the formula bar in the target sheet - this method will work, but may take time if you cannot then copy and paste the formulas

(2) copy the formulas and paste into the new book - this will bring a reference to the old book across.  As long as your new book is saved, you can then use the data tab to edit links and select the NEW book as the reference - the "self reference" will then fix the problem.

Finally, you could simply save you original book as the new name and delete everything you don't need.  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Aidan Heritage