Excel/Shared document

Iíve created a shared document in excel 2013. We are about 30 people working in it at my work.
In the document I have locked the headers so that they always are on top when you are scrolling.
The thing is that it only works when I open the document on my computer. For the other people who uses the document the headers are not locked.
Do you have any suggestion how to fix this?

John Tillman

Shared workbooks always creates these kind of annoying things in day to day basis.  We can tackle all these kind of issues if we maintain it properly.

The below method will fix most of the issues.  So try this one and let me know whether it solves your issue.

Before doing this maintenance ensure that no user is connected with that workbook.

Just remove the sharing and press save button.  If the freeze pane is turned on then turn it off and reapply the freeze pane.

Now apply the sharing and Save the file once again and ask users to open and check.

Caution:  You may lose the track changes history because of removing sharing.

Hope that helps.

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

[Overview] Having hands-on experience with Excel, I can able to answer questions which is related to Conditional Formatting, Goal Seek, Scenarios, Subtotal, Validation, Pivot Table, Shared Workbook, Excel Sheet / Workbook Protection, Excel Settings, Excel Shortcuts and the Two Major & Massive Key Areas of Excel (i.e.) Worksheet Functions and Excel VBA (Macro).

[Services] Volunteer in many of the Excel Discussion Groups / Forums and answered more than 10,000+ questions (approx.)

[Client FAQs] My Solution Files

[Not Interested In] Chart Questions

[Something Controversial]
*50% of answers never been read by the questioner's.
*Only 5% of questioner's provide feedback about the suggested answers.

Vast Experience

Ms-Office, Oracle, Foxpro, C, COBOL etc.,