Excel/Transpose with a twist

Transpose with a twist
Transpose with a twist  
Hello Adelaide,
I have a transposition question, but with a twist.
Please see the attached image.
I think that explains everything clearly.
I have considered fancy lookups, index/match, and vba - all to no avail.
I'm not an expert vba guy like you, and I'm guessing this definitely needs a vba solution.
Thanks for your efforts, Adelaide!
- Al Baker

Hi Al
How are you?

Your question may take too long for me to solve it, However, I would start doing the following:
1. Sort te data by column A
2. Make an index table for each value of column A ( a vba program would do this)
3. Search the initial range accordingly to the index table

But I am going to keep your question on my file so when there is some time, I will think on it

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Adelaide carvalho

I will be able to answer any question on Excel and Visual Basic for Applications - class modules, recursive procedures and functions are my favourite

Several readers of my Books think they are useful.