Excel/Excel 2000 Slider/Scrollbar

For my hobby of model trains I want to prepare some graphics for a slider to control speed. But standard Excel sliders etc are very dull. I want to use some software that can do the sort of thing you see here:     See the slider in middle of the screen.

Thought about attaching a customized shape to the thumb, so it would move with the slider action, and then place a  customized shape again as a background. But I cannot find out how to attach to a thumb.

What is my best option, software to design a slider, most of them are very expensive, and/or attach shapes etc to thumb.

Hi again Charles,

Here is a link to that speed control in my DropBox:

Please let me know if this gives you any trouble.

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Damon Ostrander

I have extensive experience with VBA programming in Excel 5 through Excel 2013. As a former aerospace engineer with a large aerospace corporation and consultant in a small defense technology services company, I have developed a wide range of applications in VBA, including simulations involving mixed-language programming, satellite orbit mechanics, graphics and animation, and real-time applications. I am interested in moderate to hard VBA-related questions only.

I have developed and taught several courses in Excel VBA programming and also VBA programming in Office 97, 2000, and 2007. I have developed a number of large technical applications in Excel VBA for use within the aerospace industry.

B.S. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of California, Berkeley.