Excel/Excel Display Issue

Question
Hello,

I have an issue where I created an excel file which is displaying differently on multiple computers. I read online that it is related to the display resolution of the specific computer it's being opened on. Is there any way to make the file display universally without any added scripts,codes or macros? Also, are there any tips for creating the most compatible spread sheets possible?

Answer
Before saving the file, use View/Arrange All/ and check the "Windows of active workbook". Then maximize the window. THen save the file.
No tips on creating "compatible spreadsheets" - but if your clients are using excel 2003, you should work in Excel 2003 to ensure compatibility. Work in the lowest version of your clients, or insist they must have Excel 2010 (or 2013 or 2007...) in order to use your product.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Bob Umlas