Excel/Looping in macro

Question
Dear Bob,

I have a workbook with over 50 work sheets; in which i need to delete the first 28 rows from all the sheets.

the below code is not working and returning an error:

Sub deleterows()
'
' deleterows Macro
'
   Dim ws As Worksheet

' Loop through all selected sheets.
   For Each ws In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
         Rows("1:28").Select
         Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp

Next ws

End Sub

I cannot put the finger on where i have a mistake. Pls help.

Also if i need to add an option for the macro to prompt the number of rows i need deleting within a workbook (not worksheet) is that possible?

Many thanks.

Kawthar

Answer
You didn't look thru all the sheets; you looked at the active sheet only and tried to delete rows 1:28 as many times as there are sheets!
Change this:

Rows("1:28").Select
         Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp

Next ws

to this:

ws.Range("1:28").Delete    
  Next ws
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Bob Umlas