Excel/Pivot function

Question
Hello Tom,
Hope you are fine!

Would required your help again.

I have a data as below
Column A is category column B is footnote and column C is data

category   footnte   data
Cat50         FOR FARES WITH FOOTNOTE Q          FOR FARES WITH FOOTNOTE Q          
Cat50         FOR FARES WITH FOOTNOTE Q          
Cat50         FOR FARES WITH FOOTNOTE Q          TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 3          
Cat50         FOR FARES WITH FOOTNOTE Q          DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.          
Cat50         FOR FARES WITH FOOTNOTE Q          
Cat50         FOR FARES WITH FOOTNOTE Q          

When i am using pivot function to analyze the data with below order under row lable field

Category
<<
Footnote
<<
Data

I got result as below

Row Labels
Cat50
     FOR FARES WITH FOOTNOTE Q          

DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.          
       TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 3          
     FOR FARES WITH FOOTNOTE Q          

That means system is rearranging the data in alphabetical order.
I want the text and sentences should be in same manner it should answer as below

Cat50
     FOR FARES WITH FOOTNOTE Q          
     FOR FARES WITH FOOTNOTE Q          
       DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.          

Thanks
RG

Answer
Rakesh
Rakesh  
Rakesh,

I don't think you can stop it from doing that.  Given that, I added a column between the columns footnote and data.  In that column, I just put in a list of sequential numbers starting with 1.

I then added that in the same position in the pivot table and it maintained the sequence then.  

I don't know if this is acceptable, but it did work for me.  I don't have a better idea if you are going to continue using a pivot table.  (you could number your footnotes perhaps as the lead character of the footnote, but then the blanks would not be in the same order.  I don't know how important the blank rows are).

I am attaching an image of what I did.

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy