Excel/IF INDEX MATCH RETURNS BLANK

Question
HI

I Have this formula

=INDEX('Notification Gateway Tool'!$C$2:$D$113,MATCH(C5,'Notification Gateway Tool'!$C$2:$C$230,),2)

This should return a blank cell if there is no match,or indicates as Not Qualified if there is no match instead it still returns a #N/A. What do I need to change?

Answer
Eric

Your formula looks okay (without me knowing what the cell references in the formula have in them).  I suggest that you check all of the referenced cells and make sure they have no value in them or that they are appropriate to the formula.  Often times if a cell has an unseen value in it (such as a space), the formula will return the N/A error message.  Check it out.

Hope this works for you.

Richard
Florida
USA
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Richard Roberts