Excel/VBA for cell duplication based on dropdown selection

Question
Good Morning Mr. Resnick,
Would you be able to provide an example of how to do this in VBA?
Col A and Col B both have dropdown menus for either “Yes” or “No”.  Can it be coded so that if “Yes” is selected in a cell Col A the associated cell Col B is automatically populated to “Yes”?  But if Col A is “No” or left blank then the dropdown in Col B will still work?
Thank You,
Chad E Carpenter

Answer
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
   Dim rngChanged As Range, cellChange As Range
   Set rngChanged = Intersect(Target, Range("a1").EntireColumn)
   If rngChanged Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
   Application.EnableEvents = False
   For Each cellChange In rngChanged.Cells
       If LCase(cellChange.Formula) = "yes" Then
         cellChange.Offset(0, 1).Value = "yes"
       End If
   Next cellChange
   Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Stuart Resnick