Excel/Nesting cells

Hello Mr.Umlas I am working on a spreadsheet that has many variable conditions. Many combinations. I would like to save my 2003 excel spreadsheet to Excel 2013 because I believe that the limit of 7 IF statements has been increased to 64. When I do a SAVE AS I do not get the "SAVE AS TYPE" for 2013 Excel. Is there a way to save this spreadsheet to Excel 2013.

If I can't get the 64 IF statements, here is my problem. I have an IF statement (in K22) with 6 IF's and the condition has not be satisfied, so I put in the 7th IF statement to meet the condition and nest it to another cell. (I23) In I23 the condition is satisfied but the result only appears in I23. I need for it to appear in K22.
Please help, Thank you"

Excel 2003 can't save files as 2013...you need to have 2013 (actually, 2007 or 2010 will do as well - same file format). There's no way to increase the 7 nested if-statments in 2003, but depending on what you're testing for you can get away with 100's of them, not 7 or 64 (not really nesting). Something like this (there's no nesting here):
=IF(Test1,"A","")&IF(Test2,"B","")&IF(Test3,"C","")  etc. Simple IF's attached by "&". This excludes if this THEN IF this, THEN IF this... (that's nesting).
Does this help?
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Bob Umlas

I`m a Microsoft Excel MVP (Most Valuable Professional) and have been since the inception of the program in 1995. I can answer every kind of Excel question except: API, Importing/exporting to other programs (powerpoint, word,...) Also check out my in-person training link at http://www.thumbtack.com/ny/new-york/excel-training/

Worked with MS Excel since version 0.99 (on the Mac!). Was contributing editor to Excellence Magazine, having written >300 articles. John Walkenbach said of me "I finally met someone who knows as much about Excel as I do."

Excellence, The Expert, Microsoft

BA in math, Hofstra University, 1965

Led sessions for the Convergence 2004-2006 seminar on Excel tips & tricks