Excel/Requesting a Macro Assistance

I have a data validation in cell "D2". If I change a validation, then it should automatically delete the contents in the cell "G2". Could you please assist me and provide a macro to do this task.

Thank you.

With Warm Regards,

Hi Jay,

I assume when you refer to "change a validation" you mean change the value in the validated cell.

To have Excel automatically delete the contents of G2 simply insert the following code in the worksheet's event code module:

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
  If Target.Address = "$D$2" Then
     Application.EnableEvents = False
     Application.EnableEvents = True
  End If
End Sub

To put this in the worksheet's code module, right-click on the worksheet's tab, select View Code, and paste the code into the Code pane that appears.

If I have misinterpreted your question please do not hesitate to follow up.

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Damon Ostrander

I have extensive experience with VBA programming in Excel 5 through Excel 2013. As a former aerospace engineer with a large aerospace corporation and consultant in a small defense technology services company, I have developed a wide range of applications in VBA, including simulations involving mixed-language programming, satellite orbit mechanics, graphics and animation, and real-time applications. I am interested in moderate to hard VBA-related questions only.

I have developed and taught several courses in Excel VBA programming and also VBA programming in Office 97, 2000, and 2007. I have developed a number of large technical applications in Excel VBA for use within the aerospace industry.

B.S. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of California, Berkeley.