Excel/change font for printing a page header

Question
Tom,

I have a line in a macro which gets a value from a cell and prints it as the page header, when the "print area" is printed.  How can I change the font of this title?  I have seen references to "&16" to make the font be size 16, for example, but I can't figure out where to add this to my code.

The line in question, which works except for the font is too small, reads

.CenterHeader = Range("F4").Value

Thanks for your help.

>>> Bill

Answer
Bill,

The easiest way to get the syntax is to manually enter a header or footer and formatting it while the macro recorder is on.  Then turn the macro recorder off and look at the recorded code.  As an example:

With Activesheet.pagesetup
  .CenterHeader = "&16The Dog is Fat"
End With

Of course your test would be recorded as a constant as above, but it can be modified to concatenate in your cell value as below:

With Activesheet.pagesetup
  .CenterHeader = "&16"&Range("F4").value
End With

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy