Excel/Conditional Formatting

Question
I have set cell D2 to have the font change color if it is "not equal to" cell J2.  I would like to continue that formatting in D3/J3, D4/J4 etc.

Is there a way that I can copy the formatting or in any way make it easier to perform this task with out having to format each cell individually?

Thanks,
Randy

Answer
Hello Randy,

Recommendation:

Once you have completed the formula and are happy with the result, use the autofill function (or copy and paste the formula) to complete the list

Sincerely hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Mary Lindsey
LeLDC
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Mary A. Lindsey