Excel/Countif with Duplicate Removal

I was given a CSV file (already converted to Excel 2010) in which

Column A is a week in the year (1-52)
Column B is a company name
Column C is an identifier, which repeats relative to both column A and column B

Whole spreadsheet is ~15,000 lines

I'd like to create a table in a different tab in which column A (starting at A2) is 1 through 52, row 1 (starting on B1) is all the companies (I've removed duplicates and copy-pasted values transposed), but I can't figure out how to do a countif function that counts only unique values in column C from the original tab.  Is that possible or can I use a match array to get the correct counts?

So you want to count how many unique identifiers there are for each company-week number combination.

How about sending me a copy of your workbook and I will see if I can come up with a formula for you.  Before I recommend something, I would like to test it out to make sure it does what you want and has considered anything that could interfere with the calculation.

You can send to

Tom Ogilvy  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.