Hi Tom

Hope all is good!!

I have a question on a formula

I have a range of cells with formulas that if
a cell equals say 1 then it returns a text such
as ltlt; the range is C1:C10 and only one cell
within that column will have a text based on a
date formula within that specific cell of C1:C10

I have tried different formulas in C11 to return
whatever text (contents)that is shown in the C1:C10 range
which will only be one of those cells...

can u assist please?

This should do what you described:

If there are multiple text strings, then it will return the last one counting from row 1 to 10
If there are no text strings, it will return #N/A

Otherwise it should work as you describe.

If the other cells in C1:C10 are all blank, then you could use this

Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.