Excel/link back to data worksheet

Question
Hi Aidan,

Ive been building a dashboard, and i'm stumped on this.
I have a data worksheet, and then multiple pivot tables built off of it. the
n I have a dashboard that pulls the pivot table data onto it. Problem is, I would like to be able to click a cell on the dashboard, which will take me to a related cell on the data worksheet, so I may update information.
I'm not sure what info to provide, please let me know if I can clarify this further.
photo 1: dashboard - space I would like to be able to click is circled in red.
photo 2: data worksheet - cell I would like it to jump to.
scratch that. it won't let me upload the sheets. is there another way to send the photos to you?

thank you for your time.
Sarah

Answer
the photos always come across as very hard to read (probably my age!!) but I think I follow the problem - the easiest, though most labour intensive, method would be to use hyperlinks.  The alternative would be to use VBA to take an action if a cell is clicked - it may help to send me a sample file - my direct email is aidan.heritage@virgin.net
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Aidan Heritage