Excel/subtraction fix amount of days

Question
Hi.
What is the formula to subtract fix amount of days from a date, excluding Jewish weekends (Friday, Saturday).
For example: May 10 2015 minus 2 days = May 6 2015.
Thanks
Moshe

Answer
Using Excel 2010 or later, format col A as date.

In cell A1, enter

May 10, 2015

In cell A2, enter

=WORKDAY.INTL(A1,-2,7)

In the formula above, the first argument is the start date; the second argument means 2 days prior, and the third argument means Friday/Saturday weekend. For detailed explanation of =WORKDAY.INTL() see

http://www.excelfunctions.net/Excel-Workday-Intl-Function.html
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Stuart Resnick