Excel/count of repeated unique numbers

Count of repeated numbers
Count of repeated numb  

In column F is a person ID number.  In columns G and H I've tried to acquire a count of how many times each unique person ID number is used in column F.   Hopefully the attachment will help.  i can send a modified version of the excel workbook if it would be of more/better help.  Thanks

ANSWER: thanks for the file - reply sent by email, but I'd normally suggest using a pivot table for this sort of summary, as it's the quickest method!  I will look at the file in full tomorrow and see if I have other suggestions, but the other issue related to the named range not being long enough - fix that, your method will then work.

QUESTION: Thanks, Aidan.  I'm not understanding the answer based on what I can read on the all expert website.  I haven't received a reply email yet.

two emails sent, but my server does strange things sometimes!  OK, the original question you have answered yourself - my method would have been to suggest using a pivot table, which would give you the unique summary you wanted - but you have a method (though I'll look at the file and see if I can come up with something else).  Your second problem is easily resolved - if you use name manager, you will see that the named range only covers about half the data - if you change the range that this refers to to cover ALL the data, your existing formula will then work as it will read the entire data set - hope that makes sense.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions from 2 onwards. I'm based in the UK, so please allow for time differences when asking me questions from other parts of the world!

My background is in the insurance industry and call centre areas, but have been called upon to provide many varied solutions.

I'm educated to UK A level standard, but as I left school some 30 years ago that is rather irrelevent - university of life has provided more of a background!