Excel/index formulation help

Question
formula
formula  
I am using EXCEL 2007

I have formula in
Cell J4 =AND(I4=$O$4,I5=$O$5,I6=$O$6,I7=$O$7,I8=$O$8)
Cell k4 =MATCH(TRUE,J:J,0)
cell L4 =HYPERLINK("#"&ADDRESS(K4, 1), "Go to sequence")

NOW I NEED

In cell N4 I need formula to copy this value automatically of the cell after the squence is found in range I:I .
Also In cell K5 i need formula so that 174 comes automatically.

Answer
Hello Siraj,

If I understand correctly, you are trying to create a link for each true value in this list using the Match function. However, it does not work that way.
Match function will retrieve the first item that matches your criteria, thats why your first formula is working fine in K4 but will not work for subsequent items.

What I can suggest is that you use the formula directly next to each item. I.e. wherever your values are true, you will get a go to sequence link and where they are not true, you can get a blank value.
At this point you will have a list of blank and go to sequence values which are all mixed up.

Now you can use a pivot table to filter out the other values and keep only the go to sequence links.

Hope this helps,
Gulshan.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

GULSHAN PURSWANI