Excel/VBA writing

Question
Hi Tom

I have a list of terms in column B on worksheet "specific comments”.   Column F is blank.

I also have a series of worksheets.  If a term in column B matches the name of a work sheet I would like the number 2 to be placed in column F.

So, if the term "paragraphs" is in cell B5 and there is a worksheet called "paragraphs", I would like the number "2" to be placed in cell "F5".

Could you write a piece of VBA that can do this?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Answer
Christopher Mitchell,

Sub abc()
Dim sh As Worksheet, sh1 As Worksheet
Dim r As Range, cell As Range
Set sh1 = ActiveSheet

Set r = Range("B1", Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp))
For Each cell In r
 Set sh = Nothing
 On Error Resume Next
   Set sh = Worksheets(cell.Value)
 On Error GoTo 0
 If Not sh Is Nothing Then
   cell.Offset(0, 4).Value = 2
 End If
Next
End Sub

worked as expected and should do what you want if I understood your requirement correctly.

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy